Household Goods is always looking for volunteer groups that would like to assist with various projects in our Center in Acton.
Volunteer groups provide valuable support to our operation. Ongoing projects include testing and cleaning small kitchen appliances and electronics, measuring and folding linens and towels and readying furniture and rugs for display in the showroom. Volunteers who are able are needed to help load and unload trucks and move items around our busy Center. Additionally:
- Volunteer groups should consist of 2-10 people who can follow instructions and work independently
- All group members must be at least 14 years old
- Groups typically volunteer for a one-time event, or can choose to make volunteering a recurring event (once a week, once a month, etc.)
- Groups are encouraged to carpool when possible, as parking space can be limited
Groups should coordinate with the Household Goods Volunteer Coordinator to set up a time to volunteer:
- We regularly welcome Groups most Saturday mornings from 8:45 AM- Noon.
- Other days and times during the week are possible and can be arranged with the Volunteer Coordinator. We regretfully cannot accommodate groups on Sundays at this time.
- Groups should plan on working a 3 hour shift.
Schedule Your Volunteer Group
Please provide the following information to move forward with getting your group in to volunteer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is there an age requirement for volunteers?
Volunteers must be at least 14 to volunteer independently.
Q: What materials do we need to provide?
Volunteers should bring their own work gloves if they would like to wear them. Household Goods will supply any needed cleaning supplies.
Q: Is there a dress code?
Our Center is busy and we deal with used furniture and household items that have been donated. Please dress in clothing that can get dusty. You will be coming into contact with some cleaning supplies, as well as doing light to moderate physical labor both inside and possibly outside. Dress in layers during the colder months and bring a rain jacket depending on the weather. Closed toe shoes are mandatory.
Q: How do I move forward with getting my group signed up to volunteer?
Please submit the form on this page and our Volunteer Coordinator will be in touch with you about scheduling a date.