Volunteers do it all! Please spread the word that there are many volunteer opportunities at Household Goods.
- Drive our trucks (must be over 25 with a clean driving record)
- Help load and unload donated furniture and household items
- Get donated furniture ready for clients, making sure it is stable, clean, and functional
- Get linens and kitchen items ready for clients
New volunteers, get started by registering here for a New Volunteer orientation. Please note that Tuesday evening orientations are held remote via zoom and Saturday morning orientations are in person at Household Goods. For any questions or help with registration, please click here.
Volunteer with Household Goods and become a part of our success in the community.
Volunteer opportunities are varied, and the hours are flexible. Whether you can spare three hours a week or a month, we invite you to join us in our mission to assist those in need in our community.
Volunteer at Household Goods – we’d love to have you!
Volunteers keep Household Goods running.
Here are just a few of the jobs you can do:
PICK UP DONATIONS
- Drivers: Drive Household Goods’ box trucks to pick up donations. Must be 25 or older with clean driving record.
- Crew: Load and offload trucks donated furniture and goods. Must be 18 or older.
WORK WITH DONORS
- Donor Helpers: Greet and thank donors, write receipts, screen items.
- Furniture Movers: Unload vehicles and deliver items to correct showroom location.
WORK WITH DONATIONS
- Quality Control: “Triage” furniture and appliances for quality, cleanliness, working order, and completeness.
- Smaller Household Items: Assess condition of smaller household items, and display for clients.
- Linens: Measure, label and assemble sets of bedding, curtains and towels.
- Workshop: Repair furniture. Must be 18 or older.
- Client Assistants: Help clients find furniture and household goods that meet their needs and style preferences.
- Furniture Movers: Load client vehicles with the furniture and household items they’ve selected for their new homes.
Household Goods is always looking for volunteer groups to help with projects in our Center in Acton. Learn more here.
We have an ongoing need for student volunteers (ages 14 and over) to assist with various projects in our Center in Acton. Students can volunteer on Saturdays, during school breaks and over the summer. Shifts are typically 8:45am-12n or 12:45pm-4pm.
Volunteering at Household Goods is a great way for students to work together as a group, develop and practice leadership skills, be a part of a team, earn community service hours and more. Learn more here.