Receive Furniture and Household Items
Household Goods provides good-quality used beds, furniture, sheets, towels, kitchen items and more, free of charge, to those who need but do not have access to most items necessary to create a home.
A referral is needed from a social service agency, healthcare provider, faith community, or other organization to receive furniture and household items from Household Goods.
Referring Agencies please click here
Inside Household Goods
How do I get furniture, beds, and other items from Household Goods?
Getting a Referral to Household Goods
Everyone who receives furniture and household items from Household Goods needs a referral from a social service agency, healthcare provider, faith community, or other organization. If you have a case manager or social worker, ask them to set up an appointment by completing the online referral.
If you do not have a case manager or social worker, you can try contacting other agencies that refer to Household Goods, including your local housing authority, social service agencies, DTA offices, schools, places of worship, or community health agencies.
How do I refer someone in need to Household Goods?
- Learn how to make sure you client gets what they need
- Complete the referral form
- Confirm the appointment date and time with your client
- Work with your client so they know what to expect and have a plan to transport furniture from Acton to their home
What do I need to know about my Household Goods appointment?
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
- It is very important that, days before your appointment, you arrange how you will get your furniture from Household Goods in Acton to your home. We will check back with you before your appointment to confirm that your transportation plans are in place.
- If you plan to rent a truck, it is important to reserve the truck as soon as possible. This will ensure that one will be available when it is time to rent it. Learn more about truck rentals here.
- For an in-person appointment: Household Goods is located at 530 Main Street, Acton, MA 01720. Please plan for enough time to pick up your truck and drive to Acton.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT
- For an in-person appointment:
- Please arrive on time for your appointment.
- We allow a maximum of 2 people per group to enter the building for the appointment.
- If anyone has been exposed to COVID-19 or is not feeling well, please do not come to Household Goods. We will be happy to reschedule your appointment.
- If you prefer not to come into the building we offer the option of shopping via Zoom from your truck.
- If you do not speak English, please bring someone to translate for you.
- For a Zoom appointment:
- Please make sure you are comfortable using Zoom – particularly the mute/unmute and video buttons.
- If you do not speak English please make sure you have someone who can translate for you.